Tuesday, September 12, 2017

OWL STUMP: Through the Craftroom Door Magazine DT Post

Hello from Joi@RR!

We have an owl on the ranch that has lived here as long as we have!  He even lets us see him sometimes and leaves us feathers.




That's why I chose this very lovely digi image of an owl for the next Through the Craft Room Door Challenge for Sept. 12. 

ENTER your project HERE:

Prize: £8 digi voucher
 from our sponsor Crafts and Me.



You can find the "owl eyes" image I chose HERE: 

~ ~ ~
My project is done on a dead tree stump.  It is approx. 12x8 in height and width but big around and a bit heavy!  It is cedar harvested from the ranch by hubby.  

It is made to hold something on top. Perhaps a candle. 


Here is a photo of the back of the stump.
 The wood is so much prettier in person!

I began by tracing the wonderful image onto the wood with DecoArt Americana Transfer Paper. 



Using my wood burning tool, I embedded the image into the wood. 


I used DecoArt Media Antiquing Cream to enhance the image.

You can see below where Titanium White was added for a moon glow. Next came Carbon Black and Titanium White to enhance the owl. A bit of  Patina Green on the leaves along with a tiny bit of white on the flowers.  



The image is just so pretty that my goal was to just enhance it by staying neutral! 



Products Used: 




I personally like just a small votive in the top
 but this look is fun too!! 



Thanks bunches and bunches for stopping by. 
Hope you are creating some fun fall projects too. 
I KNOW many of you are because I am 'watching'!!! Xj.

===================================
============================
========================
==================
===========



No comments: