Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Abstract Woodland Garden Acrylic Painting 30x40

What a joy to just PAINT!


I would just love to fly like the wind, throw myself over the old rail fence, run down the path and lay under the farthest trees to day dream!! 

There is no perfection found in this painting. It's just a wild and free conglomeration of strokes and colors. 

After painting for a while... it seemed like I should snap a few photos for you!  Layering DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic paint colors was so delightful. I find these so much easier to work with than thick paints. Plus, they blend so easily in what seems like thousands of hues. 

Guess what? I decided to add an old rail fence. I bet that doesn't surprise you much!!!



And for me, any 'old' fence has to have some crackle.


Now... 'decorate' the fence line with grassy blooms!

Making lines with my liner brush is one of my favorite things to do when painting. 







Lots of DecoArt and DecoArt Media Products and Fluid Acrylic colors used on this 30x40" canvas. 


And a few close-ups of the finished piece. 




Here is a picture so you can see how it was framed and where it is hanging today.


Once again - thank you so much for taking time to share art with me. I so appreciate each of you and your comments mean so much to me too. 

I have been a bit slow on my comments for you because the grandkids have been here. I see them so rarely that I have to get lots of kisses and play time!! Xj.



==============================
========================
===================
=============
=======

6 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

Wow, what an I say, simply amazing!! It looks like something out of a fairytale, - just wonderful!!

Jackie PN said...

Absolutely beautiful Joi!! WOW I can not believe the size of this and the detail just blows me away! Really wonderful painting,my friend!!
Have fun with your grands to grow and move on so quickly! xx

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a joyous painting, Joi - I love the freedom this painting shows, and it looks just marvellous hanging where it is. You're the bomb!!! xo

Jools Robertson said...

Wonderful! Love your painting and your way of building colour, such exquisite attention to detail
The crackle fence is brilliant, you must be so proud abd so rightly so
You have inspired me again, just wish I had more time!
Jools x

Brenda Brown said...

Oh my Joi, I love seeing the different layers and details of your paintings and this one is full of wonderful wild abandon but so skilfully designed and executed. That old crackle fence is beautiful and looks fabulous amongst that orchard of colour and your clever composition takes my eyes to every corner of this beautiful art. So glad you're having fun with your grandchildren, enjoy them while you have them visiting with you. Huge hugs xxx

sarascloset said...

Joi, I am such a fan of your impressionism style, and this painting is one of my favorites! Looks at all those brush strokes built up to make this skillful composition! What a lovely scene--I just want to walk along this path and pick the wildflowers and listen to the leaves rustling as the small wildlife scamper through the woods and the breezes blow. (No large wildlife or gales, please!) I'm loving your crackled fence--looks so real, I could reach out and touch it! Joi, I would give anything to watch you as you create! Lucky grandkids, and of course, lucky YOU, to have them there! Enjoy! Hugs!