Tuesday, June 30, 2015

MOONFLOWER VINES Mixed Media on Canvas

__________________________________________
_____________________________________
__________________________________
______________________________
_______________________
_____________

Welcome back to Joi@RR... so glad you stopped by... 

With everything growing so fast due to the abundant rain here in Texas... this creation is representative of the multiplication of so many beautiful flowers, veggies and beauty. 
AND... need I say... GRASS!!!

I love working on canvas.  This one is 16 x 20.  And I patterned after the Moonflower Vines... but of course... there is only a bit of similarity... this is ART, after all!!!  Here is a picture from the web:


And here is my rendition!


This is what I used to create my painting. 



I used DecoArt Media Crackle Paste with the 12 x 12 stencil. The vine stencil is from Kaisercraft. It is one of the first stencils I even bought and it has always been one of my favorites.  Maybe that's why I am enjoying the way this project turned out. 

Vines are symbolic to me of many things... 
life,
fellowship,
unity,
growth. 

And vines make me happy! Memories of times in the vineyard with my Grandmother eating grapes warm from the sun.  Vines that flowed thru her 5 acres garden. Precious times.  

In the center of the painting I used tissue paper to begin creating my flower.  Then I began to stencil with the DecoArt Crackle. 

After drying overnight, it was time to add my paints. I chose Lindy's Stamp Gang because I wanted the vines to have a shimmer and iridescent type glow.... like the 'moon' for the Moonflower!

Here is a picture of the work in progress.




I hand painted the tiny flowers using DecoArt white and highlighting with Lindy's Stamp Gang. 

The center flower was made from petals off of white organza flowers.  I cut out the cardboard ring and glued the petals to it. I also painted some stamen that I had left over from another project!





And here are some more pictures of the shimmering, glitzy, a little vintage, a little shabby chic - Moonflower. 

















  

As always.... thanks bunches and bunches for taking time to read and comment. It means alot to me. Hugs.j

=============================

I am excited to share my Moonflower with these challenges:
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Lindy's Stamp Gang
June Color Challenge



I used all of the colors in the June 2015 Limited Edition Spray Set. 






=======================================

The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge
June Year of Choice Challenge
MMMC#13

CONGRATULATIONS MMMC for a SUCCESSFUL, INSPIRING and FUN first year. Happy Birthday!! 

So fun to choose which ones to play with: 
MMMC#1 - Sprays Mists
MMMC#2 - Around the House (petals, stamen, tissue)
MMMC#3 - Stencils and Paste

================================================

==================================

=======================

=================

==========


8 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

This is stunning Joi absolutely inspiring to me as a beginner in mixed media, stencil etc, love the crackle effect and will be back to see more of your gorgeous works...xxx
{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Lizzy Hill said...

WOW! Such a lot of work, but soooo worthwhile....LOVE the crackle effect & the colours are glorious:):)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JaMajka said...

So amazing idea! Beautiful and interesting background <3 Thank you for joining the Lindy's Stamp Gang challenge this month!

Athanasia said...

Wow great project! So unique idea , I love it! Thank you for joining our challenge at LSG!

Jackie PN said...

absolutely gorgeous Joi!! I love how you created this!! Bravo! hugs")

LISA said...

Wow..Absolutely beautiful!! The colors, the textures, the design!! Simply marvelous!!Thank you for joining us at Lindys for the color challenge!!

experiments in paper said...

Gorgeous, Joi!! Love your flower - thanks for the step-outs! And that background is stunning! xx Lynn